Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Arriving back in Cali yesterday after a spectacular trip to Nariño with two awesome travel buddies, today I will busy not only packing up for my next adventure to Andean Ecuador and Northern Peru, but also cooking up some vittles for Thanksgiving! A fellow American is hosting a dinner at her house and I, along with another friend, am in charge of the chicken. That's right...the chicken. Turkey is a bit hard to come by, but I will be eating poultry and, to my utter delight, even some deliciously nostalgic jellied cranberry sauce thanks to Katie's friend visiting from L.A. who brought some down just for us.

It may be a while before I am able to sit down and recap some of my latest travels, but know that I am seeing some beautiful spots and having the privilege to know exciting new cultures and ways of life. My upcoming trip ends me up in Trujillo where my good friend Julie Breck from Northwestern is spending the year as well as a Peruvian friend, Gabriela Espejo whom I met during my time in Quebec last summer! I'm so looking forward to seeing them.

Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving full of family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment